GAMMADOL is a combination of ketorolac/tramadol which is an analgesic one indicated for the short term treatment of the moderate pain to severe acute origin (dorsalgias, fractures, dislocations, esguinces, cancer), in the treatment of the post-operative pain, in the treatment of the dental pain, in migraÃ±a, migraine and in the treatment of the neuropÃ¡tico pain. Gammadol may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.
This medication must be prescribed by a doctor and is available by prescription only.
Patients taking this drug should alert their doctors about any problems from the use of this medication and any unusual side effects or symptoms or troublesome side effects.
Care should be taken to ensure this medication is taken exactly as prescribed.
The risk of addiction to most opioid medications is usually, high. However, the risk of addiction to Tramadol is not high.
Read the patient health information leaflet that accompanies the prescription of this medication as well as every time the prescription is refilled. There may be new health care information.
Moderate-to-Severe Pain Immediate Release:
- Chronic: 25 mg oral dose every morning initially; increase by 25-50 mg/day every 3 days up to 50-100 mg orally every 4-6hr as needed; not to exceed 400 mg/day
- Acute: 50-100 mg oral dose every 4-6hr as needed; not to exceed 400 mg/day
- 100 mg orally once daily initially; increase by 100 mg/day every 5 days; not to exceed 300 mg/day
- Conversion from immediate release to extended release: Round total daily dose down to nearest 100 mg
- Do not chew, crush, split, or dissolve